- Moderator: cds
- Protocol: cds
- Start: 12:40
We talk about our current goals. Those are:
- Divide into smaller projects that are easier to manage.
- Being able to develop against known and more or less stable APIs.
- Separate core (layout and KLighD) and applications (things that use layout and KLighD).
- Shorter release cycles.
The problems we have identified:
- When dividing the project into several parts, we will probably lose the ability to show every single cutting-edge feature in one single application.
- Miro mentions that the two parts represent very different topics, and thus probably won't have to be the most recent stuff.
Miro proposes dividing KIELER into two projects:
- Layout and KLighD
- Semantics (with coupled RCA release)
- We will split the project as explained above. (pragmatics and semantics)
- This will take place after the next regular release, which we will try to do in January 2013.
- During the split, we will talk about what to do with KLOTS.
- Detailed plan of which plug-in will go into which repository.
- Increase independents of projects.
After the next release. We will talk about a concrete plan.