KIELER Pragmatics 2020/03
- Official Project Website
- Built on Eclipse 2020-03
We are happy to provide release 2020/03 of the KIELER Pragmatics Project! KIELER Pragmatics is a framework for enhanced user interaction in graphical modeling that builds on the Eclipse platform. This document describes how to install the release and highlights the most exciting new features.
Please note that KIELER Lightweight Diagrams (KLighD) in its entirety, as well as the KGraph language, are no longer included in this release. Both can henceforth be found on GitHub.
KIELER Pragmatics 2020/03 is provided as a set of features, available to be added to your Eclipse installation via an update site. KIELER Pragmatics 2020/03 was tested on Eclipse 2020-03, but may also be compatible with other versions of Eclipse.
- See the KIELER Downloads site for download details.
- KIELER Pragmatics requires an installed Java Runtime Environment >= version 1.8.
- The layout components of the Eclipse Layout Kernel can make use of the layout algorithms provided by the Graphviz library, which must be downloaded and installed separately. You may want to do so.
KLighD has now moved out of the KIELER Pragmatics Project and is now a standalone project hosted on GitHub and had a first release there. For more information on that, visit the official KLighD GitHub page.
Together with removing KLighD from this project, we went through the remaining plug-ins and features and moved or discontinued a few more. For more information on the individual elements, see the Discontinued Projects:
- KIELER Editor for Graphs (KEG)
- KIELER Ptolemy Browser (This project was also moved to GitHub, see kieler/ptbrowser)
- KWebS (This online service has also been shut down)
- Piccolo Mirror
With the major part of KLighD being moved and discontinuing a lot of smaller projects, an interesting point is to look at what is left the Pragmatics project:
- Layout Configuration DSL
- Formats plug-ins to convert between graph formats
- Graph Analysis
- Syntheses and supporting code for graph structures
- OGDF layout support
Known Problems and Limitations
Bug Reports, Comments
We're working hard to make the graphical modeling user experience as convenient as possible. However, bugs can still remain in the code and some things might not be as you would expect them. Please don't hesitate to send in bug reports or give other comments like feature requests.