- Optimization of the SCCharts compiler/transformations (Bachelor/Master)
Profile the actual SCCharts compiler/transformations and apply optimizations; also evaluate the possibility to use multiple cores for compilation
- On the pragmatics of modeling large models in SCCharts (Bachelor/Master)
Evaluate the possibilities to create and maintain large models in model-based languages (i.e. SCCharts) and provide suggestions for improvements
- Visualization of Model-based Simulation via Tracing (Bachelor/Master)
Use the already implemented Model-to-Model-Tracing in KIELER to visualize simulations.
- Incremental Compilation of SCEst (Bachelor/Master)
Modify the KIELER SCEst language so that KIELER is able to compile Esterel step-by-step to C via SCL.
- Model-based Compilation of Legacy C Programs (Bachelor/Master)
Implement a model-based compiler in KIELER that is able to compile C to (S)CCharts and then back to C again.
- Extend the SC MoC to handle priority-based variable accesses (Bachelor/Master)
Add priorities to variable accesses to extend the SC MoC and therefore the number of valid sequentially constructive synchronous programs.
- Transformation of Circuits to SCCharts (Bachelor/Master)
Implement a transformation that translates circuits to (dataflow) SCCharts.
- Efficient data dependency & scheduling analyses in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Implement analyses for data dependency, scheduling (e.g. tick boundaries) for SCCharts to improve static scheduling of the compiler
- Curing Schizophrenia in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Develop new synchronizer to handle schizophrenia properly (e.g. depth join).
- SCCharts Debugging (Master/Bachelor)
Implement more sophisticated debugging mechanisms (e.g. breakpoints, observers) for SCCharts
- Environment Simulations for SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Develop a system to simulate environments (e.g. for Lego Mindstorms) for SCCharts in KIELER
- SCCharts Verification (Master/Bachelor)
Add the possibility to perfom model checking on SCCharts
- Quartz (Master)
Integrate the synchronous Quartz language into KIELER for validation purposes and teaching.
Implementation of a priority-based compilation approach (Master) Implement the SyncCharts priority-based compilation approach into the SCCharts compiler chain.
- Raceyard evaluation (Master)
Evaluate the possibility for the use of SCCharts in the Raceyard context and pave the way for future experiments