- Control Flow Graph Exploration / Visualization
Use pragmatics concepts (automatic layout, focus & context) for exploring/visualizing control flow graphs and specific paths, eg. as computed by OTAWA WCET analysis tool, eg. using Klighd.
- SyncCharts and Actor Model Visualization
Develop an integrated viewer for SyncCharts and KAOM models using KLighD, including view management techniques such as focus & context and structure-based editing.
- Validation Manager for Models
Develop an integrated, flexible and generic syntactic validation framework for models (e.g. Esterel or SyncCharts).
- Esterel / SyncCharts Validation
Automate the validation for a (generic) SyncCharts simulator employing the Esterel simulator and the Esterel to SyncCharts transformation.
- Transformation from SyncCharts to Esterel [possibly also Master Topic]
Develop a transformation in Xtend2 to generate Esterel code for SyncCharts.
- Layering Algorithms
Implement an alternative algorithm for the layer assignment problem used in the layer-based approach to graph layout.
- Heuristics for Side Aware Edge Label Placement
Think about and implement heuristic algorithms for solving the edge aware edge label placement problem for placing edge labels in data flow diagrams.
- Implement Greedy Switch Heuristic for Crossing Minimization
The order of nodes in a layer determines the number of crossings and is computed during the crossing minimization step. The results can usually be further improved by switching the order of nodes around, which we currently lack proper algorithms for. (See ticket KIELER-1871)
- Add Support for Self Loops for Polyline / Spline Layouts
Self loops, that is, edges connecting a node with itself, need to be properly routed. This is already implemented for orthogonal edge routing, but is still an open problem for spline and polyline edge routing. (See ticket KIELER-2136.)
- Incremental Update for Klighd
Incremental update of Klighd data structure after editing.
- Visualizing Model Edits/Changes
Develop and implement methods to visualize a model while it is edited. A particular concern here is the preservation of the mental map.