- Automatic documentation generation for model-based languages (Bachelor)
Develop an automatic SCCharts documentation & comment system
- Merging SCCharts and KLOTS (Bachelor)
Implement KLOTS as demonstrator extension of the KIELER SCCharts implementation
- Validation Manager for Models (Bachelor/Master)
Develop an integrated, flexible and generic syntactic validation framework for models (e.g. Esterel or SyncCharts).
- SCCharts compiler validation with Esterel (Bachelor/Master)
Automate the validation of the SCCharts compiler using the Esterel simulation.
- Transformation from SCCharts to Esterel (Bachelor/Master)
Develop a transformation in Xtend2 to generate Esterel code for SCCharts.
- Hardware Synthesis from SCCharts to FPGA (Bachelor/Master)
Use the circuit-based code generation to produce code for FPGAs
- Optimizations for Optimization of the SCCharts compiler (Bachelor/Master)
Profile the actual SCCharts compiler and apply optimizations
- Optimizations Optimization of the SCCharts transformations (Bachelor/Master)
Profile the actual SCCharts transformation transformations and apply optimizations
- Detecting tick boundaries in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Implement an algorithm that detects tick boundaries (in concurrent) threads and therefore improves the scheduling
- Efficient data dependency analyses in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Implement data dependency analyses for SCCharts
- KIELER evaluation environment for synchronous languages (Master/Bachelor)
Develop a reliable evaluation environment to compare common synchronous languages (i.e. Esterel/SyncCharts & SCCharts)
- Raceyard evaluation (Master/Bachelor)
Evaluate the possibility for the use of SCCharts in the Raceyard context and pave the way for future experiments
- Quartz (Master)
Integrate the synchronous Quartz language into KIELER for validation purposes and teaching.
- Implementation of a priority-based compilation approach (Master) [work in progress, Caroline Butschek]
Implement the SyncCharts priority-based compilation approach into the SCCharts compiler chain.
- From Esterel to SCL (Master) [work in progress, Karsten Rathlev]
Implement transformations that translate Esterel programs to SCL
- Curing Schizophrenia in SCCharts (Master)
Develop new synchronizer to handle schizophrenia properly (e.g. depth join).
- Railway 4.0 (Master) [work in progress, Nis Wechselberg]
Design a new and modern hardware controlling (Version 4) for the railway installation.