- Validation Manager for Models
Develop an integrated, flexible and generic syntactic validation framework for models (e.g. Esterel or SyncCharts).
- SCCharts compiler validation with Esterel
Automate the validation of the SCCharts compiler using the Esterel simulation.
- Transformation from SCCharts to Esterel [possibly also Master Topic]
Develop a transformation in Xtend2 to generate Esterel code for SCCharts.
- Hardware Synthesis from SCCharts to FPGA [possibly also Master Topic]
Use the circuit-based code generation to produce code for FPGAs
- Automatic documentation generation [possibly also Master Topic]
Develop an automatic SCCharts documentation system
- Optimizations for the SCCharts compiler [possibly also Master Topic]
Profile the actual SCCharts compiler and apply optimizations
- Multi-core SCCharts compiler [possibly also Master Topic]
Implement the possibility to use more than one core to compile large SCCharts
- Adding dataflow to SCCharts [possibly also Master Topic]
Add dataflow to SCCharts
PRETSY / PRETSY2
- Real-time extensions for SCCharts [possibly also Master Topic]
Make the timing instructions delay_until und exception_on_expire of the FlexPRET processor available in SCCharts.
- See also Semantics and Synchronous Languages: Adding dataflow to SCCharts
- Developing an Info Screen
Info screens are screens that present data in ways that can be easily understood. This includes static data (project description graphics, members of a team, ...) as well as dynamically aggregated data (bug statistics, automatic build overviews, ...). This topic is about developing such an info screen for our group and making it easily configurable.
(see also Bachelor Topics for potentially expansible topics)
- Layering Algorithms
Develop an alternative algorithm for the layer assignment problem used in the layer-based approach to graph layout. The algorithm shall be extended to consider the number of edge crossings and an optimal aspect ratio.
- Node Placement
Develop a new node placement algorithm that finds a good balance between keeping edges straight and keeping the drawing from getting too big.
- Compound Graph Layout
Design and implement new concepts for computing layer-based layouts of compound graphs. The main focus shall be on maintainability: ensuring that the implementation can be kept working over the years.
- Force Based Drawing with Port Constraints
Develop methods for integrating port constraints in force-based drawing approaches. The resulting node placement shall be evaluated using an edge router such as libavoid on the model library of Ptolemy.
- Combining Forces and Layers
Design and implement a layout algorithm that combines the force-based and the layer-based approaches. The first three phases of the layer-based approach shall be replaced by a node distribution computed with a force-based approach.
Integrate the synchronous Quartz language into KIELER for validation purposes and teaching.
- Implementation of a priority-based compilation approach
Implement the SyncCharts priority-based compilation approach into the SCCharts compiler chain.
- Curing Schizophrenia in SCCharts
Develop new synchronizer to handle schizophrenia properly (e.g. depth join).
- Detecting tick boundaries in SCCharts
Implement an algorithm that detects tick boundaries (in concurrent) threads and therefore improves the scheduling
- Preserving concurrency/parallelism for multi-core
Evaluate possibilities to preserve parallelism in SCCharts.Multithreaded/Multicore execution of SCCharts (see below PRETSY/PRETSY2)
- Railway 2.0
Design a new and modern hardware controlling (Version 4) for the railway installation.
PRETSY / PRETSY2
- Multithreaded/Multicore execution of SCCharts
Evaluate possibilities to preserve parallelism in SCCharts, implement mapping for (fine grained) multithreading and multicore
based on the FlexPRET processor.