- Automatic documentation generation for model-based languages (Bachelor)
Develop an automatic SCCharts documentation & comment system
- Merging SCCharts and KLOTS (Bachelor)
Implement KLOTS as demonstrator extension of the KIELER SCCharts implementation
- On the usability of the KIELER SCCharts compiler (Bachelor)
Evaluate the actual implementation of the KIELER SCCharts compiler and provide suggestions for improvements, i.e. the usability as standalone (commandline) compiler
- Validation Manager for Models (Bachelor/Master)
Develop an integrated, flexible and generic syntactic validation framework for models (e.g. Esterel or SyncCharts).
- SCCharts compiler validation with Esterel (Bachelor/Master)
Automate the validation of the SCCharts compiler using the Esterel simulation.
- Transformation from SCCharts to Esterel (Bachelor/Master)
Develop a transformation in Xtend2 to generate Esterel code for SCCharts.
- Hardware Synthesis from SCCharts to FPGA (Bachelor/Master)
Use the circuit-based code generation approach to produce code for FPGAs
- Optimization of the SCCharts compiler (Bachelor/Master)
Profile the actual SCCharts compiler and apply optimizations; also evaluate the possibility to use multiple cores for compilation
- Optimization of the SCCharts transformations (Bachelor/Master)
Profile the actual SCCharts transformations and apply optimizations
- SCCharts Andriod backend for Mini Drones (Bachelor/Master) [work in progress, Bachelor/Master project summer term 2015]
Develop a new code generation backend for SCCharts for Andriod applications with Mini Drones as demonstrator
- On the pragmatics of modelling large models in SCCharts (Bachelor/Master)
Evaluate the possibilities to create and maintain large models in model-based languages (i.e. SCCharts) and provide suggestions for improvements
- Extend the SC MoC to handle priority-based variable accesses (Bachelor/Master)
Add priorities to variable accesses to extend the SC MoC and therefore the number of valid sequentially constructive synchronous programs.
- Detecting tick boundaries in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Implement an algorithm that detects tick boundaries (in concurrent) threads and therefore improves the scheduling
- Efficient data dependency analyses in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Implement data dependency analyses for SCCharts to improve static scheduling of the compiler
- KIELER evaluation environment for synchronous languages (Master/Bachelor)
Develop a reliable evaluation environment to compare common synchronous languages (i.e. Esterel/SyncCharts & SCCharts)
- Raceyard evaluation (Master/Bachelor)
Evaluate the possibility for the use of SCCharts in the Raceyard context and pave the way for future experiments
- Quartz (Master)
Integrate the synchronous Quartz language into KIELER for validation purposes and teaching.
- Implementation of a priority-based compilation approach (Master) [work in progress, Caroline Butschek]
Implement the SyncCharts priority-based compilation approach into the SCCharts compiler chain.
- From Esterel to SCL (Master) [work in progress, Karsten Rathlev]
Implement transformations that translate Esterel programs to SCL
- Curing Schizophrenia in SCCharts (Master)
Develop new synchronizer to handle schizophrenia properly (e.g. depth join).
- Railway 4.0 (Master) [work in progress, Nis Wechselberg]
Design a new and modern hardware controlling (Version 4) for the railway installation.
- Real-time extensions for SCCharts (Bachelor/Master)
Make the timing instructions delay_until und exception_on_expire of the FlexPRET processor available in SCCharts.
- Adding dataflow to SCCharts (Bachelor/Master) [work in progress, Axel Umland]
Add dataflow to SCCharts
- Multithreaded/Multicore execution of SCCharts (Master/Bachelor) [work in progress, Tibor Weiß]
Evaluate possibilities to preserve parallelism in SCCharts, implement mapping for (fine grained) multithreading and multicore
based on the FlexPRET processor.