SCCharts Modelling & Transformations
- On the pragmatics of modeling large models in SCCharts (Bachelor/Master)
Evaluate the possibilities to create and maintain large models in model-based languages (i.e. SCCharts) and provide suggestions for improvements
- Transformation of Circuits to SCCharts (Bachelor/Master)
Implement a transformation that translates circuits to (dataflow) SCCharts.
- SCCharts Verification (Master/Bachelor)
Add the possibility to perfom model checking on SCChartsTransformation Verification (Master/Bachelor)
Develop a method for SCCharts to check transformations for semantic equivalence.
- Derive M2M Transformations from Pseudocode (Master/Bachelor)
Create a Pseudocode DSL (and generator) to automatically derive M2M transformations.
- Raceyard evaluation (Master)
Evaluate the possibility for the use of SCCharts in the Raceyard context and pave the way for future experiments
- Optimization of the SCCharts compiler/transformations (Bachelor/Master)
Profile the actual SCCharts compiler/transformations and apply optimizations; also evaluate the possibility to use multiple cores for compilation.
- SCG Optimization based on SSA (Bachelor/Master)
The Static Single Assignment form enables powerful optimizations such as sparse conditional constant propagation. Adjust and implement this algorithm in the context of SCGs and evaluate the result.Extend the SC MoC to handle priority-based variable accesses (Bachelor/Master)
Add priorities to variable accesses to extend the SC MoC and therefore the number of valid sequentially constructive synchronous programs.
- Efficient data dependency & scheduling analyses in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Implement analyses for data dependency, scheduling (e.g. tick boundaries) for SCCharts to improve static scheduling of the compiler.Curing Schizophrenia in SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Develop new synchronizer to handle schizophrenia properly (e.g. depth join).
- Visualization of Model-based Simulation via Tracing (Bachelor/Master)
Use the already implemented Model-to-Model-Tracing in KIELER to visualize simulations. Environment Simulations for SCCharts (Master/Bachelor)
Develop a system to simulate environments (e.g. for Lego Mindstorms) for SCCharts in KIELER
- Core SCCharts Interpreter (Master/Bachelor)
Implement an Interpreter for Core SCCharts.
- Incremental Model-based Compilation of Legacy C Programs (Bachelor/Master)
Modify the model-based compiler in KIELER so that it is able to compile C to (S)CCharts incrementally.
- Execution of Recursive Dataflow Code (Master/Bachelor)
- Execution of Concurrent Dataflow Code (Master/Bachelor)
Modify the model-based dataflow compiler in KIELER so that it is able to compile recursive/concurrent C programs.
For Master students: Implement both.
- eSCL - Implementing
Create an extended dialect of the SC Language including the
gotopausestatement and implement a transformation to SCL.Quartz (Master)
Integrate the synchronous Quartz language into KIELER for validation purposes and teaching.