Integration Testing: Eclipse Plugin JUnit Test
Testing code in the context of the eclipse environment as a JUnit test can be very slow. Execution time can be significantly reduced by only using the necessary plugins in "headless mode". Just follow these simple instructions:
- In Project Explorer, right click the test class, choose "Run as" (or "Debug as", as needed) and choose "Run configurations".
- Right click JUnit Plugin Test and click "New"
- Choose the Tab "Plug-Ins" and select "plugins selected below" from the drop-down menu "Launch with:"
- Click "Deselect all"
- Choose the test project needed for your test and click "Add required plugins"
- Click Tab "Main" and choose "Run an application"
- From the dropdown menu beside "Run an application" choose "No application"
- Hit run and enjoy pure speed (sort of).