Every student or staff member who is or was part of our group is more than welcome to join our RtSys Stammtisch. We will meet monthly in different restaurants in Kiel to have dinner and a good time together.
You´ll find the RtSys Stammtisch coordination website here:
We currently meet every second Thursday of a month @ 7:30 p.m. at the top voted venue.
The RtSys Stammtisch is meant to keep yourself in touch with our group even when you finished you thesis or you move away. Every student who writes a thesis is invited, every student who works for the group and of course all staff members are highly welcome to join and come.
It is not strictly required to participate every month, e.g., if you are on holiday or do not live in Kiel. Practice, however, shows that you should reserve these 2 hours of time per month (= only 0,26% of your time) because otherwise this special time is tend to drown in day-to-day business. So please feel invited to try to come as often as possible to keep this fellowship up .
How it works
- Please contact us if you did not get an invitation yet! You´ll find the RtSys Stammtisch coordination website here: http://sccharts.com/stammtisch
- The venue is voted by all members of the RtSys Stammtisch. The coordination website is programmed to choose the most top voted venue 8 days before the next RtSys Stammtisch takes place. Up to then you can vote for the venue of your like. After that your vote counts for the next but one RtSys Stammtisch.
- One day after the RtSys Stammtisch took place the coordination website allows you to tell everybody you will participate at the next RtSys Stammtisch. Please do so as early as possible. If plans change and something important prevents you from joining, you can cancel your participation any time up to the same day when the RtSys Stammtisch takes place.
- Please reserve the table if nobody yet has a green telephone icon next to his name in the list of participants! See below how you can tell the others that you are going to reserve the table this time.
- You will get an automatic invitation 7 days before the next RtSys Stammtisch event including the chosen venue. Additionally, one day before you will get another reminder that the RtSys Stammtisch takes place tomorrow. But it is good practice to put the day into your calendar as early as possible (:
The RtSys Stammtisch coordination website should be self-explaining. Nevertheless some of the features of this website are described below.
The coordination website allows you to make your own suggestion of a venue that is not listed. Please carefully submit your suggestion and add the name of the venue and its postal address (street, zip code and city) so that the automatically generated Google Maps links continue to work.
Reserve a Table
Someone should reserve a table. If you know you like to attend you can check a check box that you are willing to reserve the table. An icon will tell everybody else that you'll took responsibility to do so this time. Anybody is happily invited to take responsibility for reserving the table. If you reserve the table please tell the restaurant the "RtSys Stammtisch" will meet there so that others can easily ask for the table once they arrive at the venue.
The coordination website allows to download a calendar entry in ics format. You should be able to download and include this with your Apple or Android device. For Android you might need the Google Calendar App.
Rate the Venue
The coordination website allows to rate the venue were we have met. This way allows you to track which restaurants in Kiel you personally like to visit again, e.g., with your partner or family or even with the RtSys Stammtisch in the future. You can only rate a venue if you participated the RtSys Stammtisch that took place there.
At our first RtSys Stammtisch we decided to take a group photo afterwards. The coordination website allows to attach one photo for each event. We think it might be nice to look at these photos in a few years from now. The photos are not available for public but only for all (invited) RtSys Stammtisch members. Of course we respect if you decide to not be part of a group photo but still we like to encourage you to support this idea
The coordination website is designed to work well for desktop but also for mobile devices. Sometimes it might be convenient to have an auto-login link bookmark, e.g., at the homescreen of your mobile device which logs you into the coordination website when you click on it. To accomplish this you can use the following URL where <USERNAME> and <PASSWORD> are placeholders for your username and (plain text!) password.
Note that you should only establish such a link which includes your plain text password on devices that are only used by yourself and suitable secured.
If you need any assistance for the RtSys Stammtisch coordination website or have any questions regarding the RtSys Stammtisch please feel free to contact any staff member of the RtSys group.