KLayJS is deprecated and has been replaced by elkjs. The documentation below may be outdated.
The library is now available via OpenKieler on GitHub. Please refer to those sides for further information. The documentation below might be incomplete and outdated.
- Standard Linker
I.e. GWT's IFrameLinker that "loads the GWT module in a separate iframe".
- Custom Linker
The linker extends GWT's DirectInstallLinker and enables the library to be used with, for instance, Chrome Packaged Apps. According to the javadoc the linker "adds a script tag to the iframe rather than downloading the code as a string and then installing it into the iframe". However, when using this linker a lot of GWT's variables will be added to the global namespace.
- Web Worker Linker
The linker allows to use our library with a Web Worker. It removes GWT generations that are not required for our use case, e.g. loading of browser specific permutations. A bower component is available on GitHub (Thanks to automata), a specific example further down on this page.
This documentation targets the Default Linker and Custom Linker. The Web Worker Linker has a slightly different API, please refer to the GitHub page for more information.
- graph - the graph to be layouted in our JSON Format.
- options - a JSON object containing layout options that should be used for every hierarchy level of the graph. The same effect can be achieved by specifying the properties for every compound node, however, using the options object offers a more convenient way. Further information on available layout options can be found here.
- success(layouted) - a function to be called upon success, the layouted graph is passed as argument.
- error(obj) - a function to be called if an error occurs, an object is passed as argument which contains a text field with further information about the error.
Field Description type The type of the error, e.g. an invalid graph format. text Further description of the problem that occurred. stacktrace The strack trace of the Java exception, if any. Additional Information Invalid Graph Format value The JSON object that caused the problem. context The context of the
value, e.g. if the value is an edge, the context is the containing node.
Dedicated KlayJS Options
- intCoordinates - when set to
trueall calculated layout coordinates (by default doubles) are cast to an integer value.
Below is small example that executes layout on a small graph. Upon success the returned JSON is printed to the console and added to the body of the document.
This example shows the usage of the Default and Custom Linker. For a Web Worker example see next example.
Example (Web Worker)
See it in Action
- Proofscape – Visualizing mathematical proofs with graphs.
Git branch gwt-export
The GWT plugin that is used for the building proccess resides in the build folder and is called
de.cau.cs.kieler.klay.layered.gwt. If you want to develop on the classes of the project you want to use
ant copySrc to copy all required klay layered classes from the main repository.
The following figure illustrates the build process. First the ant script copies the original KIELER source code files into a dedicated GWT project (
(Thanks to automata)