- Miro Spönemann, Hauke Fuhrmann, Reinhard von Hanxleden, and Petra Mutzel. Port Constraints in Hierarchical Layout of Data Flow Diagrams. In Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on Graph Drawing (GD’09), volume 5849 of LNCS, pages 135–146, Springer, 2010. The original publication is available at www.springerlink.com. (pdf)
- Miro Spönemann, On the Automatic Layout of Data Flow Diagrams, March 2009 (pdf)
- Philipp Döhring, Algorithmen zur Layerzuweisung, September 2010 (pdf)
- Ole Claußen, Implementing an Algorithm for Orthogonal Graph Layout, September 2010 (pdf)
- Christian Kutschmar, Planarisierung von Hypergraphen, September 2010 (pdf)
- Christoph Daniel Schulze, Optimizing Automatic Layout for Data Flow Diagrams, July 2011(pdf)
- Insa Fuhrmann, Layout of Compound Graphs, February 2012 (pdf)
The KLay project encompasses the main layout algorithms developed as part of the KIELER project. It aims at providing Java implementations of different layout algorithms to the Infrastructure for Meta Layout (KIML).
We currently have the following layout algorithms:
- KLay Layered
Implementation of the layer-based "hierarchical" approach by Sugiyama et al.
- KLay Force
Implementation of approaches based on physical models.
- KLay Planar
Implementation of the planarization-based "topology-shape-metrics" approach. (work in progress)