KIELER Pragmatics 2016/07
- Official Project Website
- Built on Eclipse 4.5 "Mars"
We are happy to provide release 2016/07 of the KIELER Pragmatics Project! KIELER Pragmatics is a framework for enhanced user interaction in graphical modeling that builds on the Eclipse platform. This document describes how to install the release and highlights the most exciting new features.
Please note that KIELER Infrastructure for Meta-Layout in its entirety, as well as our layout algorithms, are not longer included in this release. Both can be found in our official Eclipse Layout Kernel project.
KIELER Pragmatics 2016/07 is provided as a set of features, available to be added to your Eclipse installation via an update site. KIELER Pragmatics 2016/07 was tested on Eclipse 4.5 "Mars", but may also be compatible with other versions of Eclipse.
- See the KIELER Downloads site for download details.
- KIELER Pragmatics requires an installed Java Runtime Environment >= version 1.8.
- The layout components of the Eclipse Layout Kernel can make use of the layout algorithms provided by the Graphviz library. You may want to install that as well.
Also refer to the KIELER Downloads page to download the KIELER Ptolemy Browser and the KIELER Web Service.
Release Notes and Highlights
- The single major change we have been concentrating on was factoring out our old Infrastructure for Meta Layout (KIML) as well as our layout algorithms. Both have moved to the Eclipse Layout Kernel project, where further changes can be found that we have been working on.
Known Problems and Limitations
Bug Reports, Comments
We're working hard to make the graphical modeling user experience as convenient as possible. However, bugs can still remain in the code and some things might not be as you would expect them. Please don't hesitate to send in bug reports or give other comments like feature requests.